It has been a productive day with momentum picking up toward new beginnings.  The cold front that blew in overnight dislocated some additional shingles from the roof and sent the snow shovel leaning up against the house flying into the neighbor’s yard.  The lake is roaring with waves thrashing up against forming ice berms with each splash freezing as its makes contact with the solid surface.  Fortunately, the neighbor’s temporary tarp roof did not blow open as it had when the southwesterly winds last howled a couple of weeks ago.  The dramatic swing from temps in the upper 60s to mid 20s does not bode well for loosely tethered items and wind-blown debris strewn about the neighborhood.  I am grateful for a sturdy structure to withstand the huff and puff of nature’s force.

It appears as though we will be eligible for the on-the-job training grant from the Department of Labor.  I spoke with Bill this morning and he gave me a heads up that I’d be receiving a call from the DOL to schedule a “skills gap analysis”, in effect to determine that there are skills I need to acquire to be successful in my new role with his firm.  Bill explained that it takes up to 6 months to understand 80% of the recruiting industry, and up to 3 years to get a handle on up to 95% of the various and sundry nuances (leaving 5% to the perpetual unknown).  I am gaining enthusiasm in anticipation of this new professional segment of my journey and getting my ducks in a row as we ramp up to the start date.

Yesterday was a most pleasant outing with lunch at The Barn where Matt served up split-pea soup with tuna melt sandwiches and grape leave apps.  Following a most satiating meal we migrated upstairs where Matt queued up a documentary on Netflix as we enjoyed tea with chocolate covered pretzels.  I took to the massage chair enjoying its mechanical pressure up and down my spine releasing tension as Three Magic Words began streaming with a host of luminaries from the fields of science and spirituality.   The gist of the message is that we are all God, Goddess, Universe whatever you prefer to call it, and that as we awaken to our divine nature we inherit an immense responsibility to cultivate the truth of love in all of our doing and being.  As I departed to meet a friend for coffee I felt lighter and a sense of deepened purpose in my path.

In common wealth,

SjK

“Give up defining yourself – to yourself or to others. You won’t die. You will come to life. And don’t be concerned with how others define you. When they define you, they are limiting themselves, so it’s their problem. Whenever you interact with people, don’t be there primarily as a function or a role, but as the field of conscious Presence. You can only lose something that you have, but you cannot lose something that you are.”
― Eckhart TolleA New Earth: Awakening to Your Life’s Purpose

Advertisements